Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ode to the old house

Since it's the end of our time on Valley Street, I thought I'd give props to our first home.

Here's what I loved:

  • The full grown trees, and our view out our back windows
  • That we replaced everything in every square inch in this home. Nothing went untouched. From the light switches to the flooring to the fixtures and hardware. Ok, except for the baseboards, my biggest nemesis in the house
  • That it was our first venture in real estate and we literally stumbled upon it. Sometimes open houses do work
  • It was Brody's first home

Now, on to the reasons why we're leaving....

Here's what I hated:

  • The baseboards
  • The rental next door
  • The monstrous pine tree that always dropped way too many needles and was always on the verge of dying. It is almost there. And the oddly placed fir tree out front.
  • That the yard is unfenceable.

This is what I have so far, I'm sure I'll add to it.

It was time to move on and I will be sad to go, but happy to be in a newer neighborhood with friends and family so close by. You can't beat it :)

No comments: